Thursday, July 19, 2012

An Attempt at Gothic Lolita

G'day (or g'night) my dear readers, :)
I wanted to provide a post of my attempt at an gothic lolita/steampunk co-ord. I think it turned out quite well, but please let me know of what you think! I am open to suggestions and advice.
Excuse the derp face, please! ^^;;
A couple of years ago, my dad gave me a beautiful ruby jewelry set as a present. I can't wear the earrings because my ear piercings became infected and closed up a long time ago, but I love wearing the necklace and the ring on special occasions.
And now, for the purse! I bought a loli-able patent leather bag from Forever 21. However, I kept on looking at it and felt that it could use a bit of decorating! :) So, I got my silver sharpie and created a gothic-lolita design! I must say, I am quite proud of how it turned out. I also added my most favorite Sherlock Holmes quotations to inspire me each time I opened the purse. :D
Hat (a present from my grandmother); blouse (fanplusfriend); vest (Korea); skirt (fanplusfriend); stockings (American Apparel); shoes (Steve Madden); purse (Forever 21, with original decorations by yours truly ^^)
Now, don't grab any purse and start doodling all over it in Sharpie (if you want to decorate your purse, too)! Make sure that it is a relatively cheap purse. Also, make sure that you are ready to focus and concentrate (because Sharpie is not all that easy to erase!). Finally, make sure that you are 200% sure that you want to decorate your purse in a specific design! I am really warming up to Gothic Lolita (ironic that I'm "warming up" to a fashion that is considered quite dark and a bit morbid, eh? ^^;;). I think that it is elegant and very sophisticated. Unlike the Western version of Goth that includes black lipstick and white-face make-up, Gothic Lolita is all about looking refined and somewhat mysterious. Look at this link for a list of the different lolita styles (this is my favorite one because of all the cute pictures of the many lolitas ^.^): http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com/3035.html. This is also a great source: http://hellolace.net/styles/. Adding Gothic Lolita pieces to my wardrobe is definitely at the top of my shopping list, and I think that my "new" purse will work beautifully!
Keep on creating new pieces of art, my readers, and don't be afraid to go outside of the box! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment