Monday, February 20, 2012

Semiformal

My winter semiformal was over a month ago, and I finally have the opportunity to post a picture of my dress:






I made the feather earrings myself, and I had to re-sew on all of the wooden beads onto my dress because they kept on falling off. I must admit, I had quite a number of puncture marks on my hands for the next few days.
The dance was overall quite fun, but my friend and I sat around and discussed some melancholy topics. For example, no matter how much we joked that we could be each other's "dates" and that we did not need boyfriends to complete our lives, it would have still been nice to be in romantic relationships... especially when the slow songs came on.
However, we also discussed some quite hilarious topics, such as what literary characters we were most like. We decided that my friend was Hamlet, and that I was Holden Caulfield (and that my tie skirt was analogous to Holden's red hunting cap).
Yet, my readers, I would like to tell you that you really do not need that "special somebody" to make your life better. If you're the type of person (like me) who has never been in a romantic relationship before, I would like to tell you that someday, you might find somebody absolutely perfect for you. At least, that is what I tell myself. As for now, I am focusing on my own life, and am aiming to go through each day working hard on schoolwork, but also to have at least a teensy bit of fun. Life should be worth living, and in this vast world (that we call Earth ^^), the opportunities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment