Monday, February 20, 2012

I Heart Sherlock

During Spirit Week at my school, my school required that we one day dress as anything that starts with the letter "m". Being a Sherlockian, my thoughts automatically went to Professor James Moriarty. And when I wore my Moriarty outfit to school, I felt really bad-ass. My friends admitted that my outfit looked "very cool". However, as much as I think that Moriarty, as a character, is interesting, he cannot provoke in me the love that I feel for Sherlock himself. I have read all of Doyle's novels/stories on Holmes, but I never cease to be amazed at the spectacular intelligence and knowledge of the great sleuth. Therefore, I created an outfit quite similar to the Moriarty outfit that I wore to school, but an outfit that is meant for Sherlock.






coat (Koreatown); jacket (BeBe); button-down (Espirit); Sherlock brooch (Etsy shop called "karamboola"); harem pants (American Apparel); combat boots (Korea)
Being an avid reader, I have a great number of fictional crushes. However, Sherlock Holmes remains and always will remain at the top of my list, and just as he refers to Irene Adler as "The Woman", I refer to Mr. Holmes as "My Man" or "My Number One". I am in love with the literary version (or what my friend calls the "unbastardized version"), but I admit that the BBC version is great. For any Holmesian, I recommend that you watch the new "Sherlock" series on BBC. It is absolutely thrilling, and I think that this is the best modern-day interpretation of Doyle's stories up-to-date.
On a side note, I must say that STEAMPUNK FASHION IS AWESOME! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment